Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Hospital Ribs? Surely you jest...

Sorry for not updating this blog sooner. Last Saturday, my father had to be rushed to the ER with chest pains. We later found out that he had a small heart attack but thanfully there it did not damage his heart. He underwent a heart cath and it showed he had an artery that was 95% blocked and another that was 60% blocked. Two stints were inserted into the 95% blockage and the other will be treated with medication.

This series of events prevented me from getting outside and firing up the ole smoker. I have been craving some good wet and sticky backs for quite some time and was hoping to get to sink my teeth into a few of them this past weekend. However, the cafeteria at the hospital broke out some pretty decent ribs on Tuesday for lunch. They were not wet or sticky. They definitely were not baby backs. However, they were eatable and only served to increase my craving for ribs done right.

With my dad home from the hospital now I can try my best to get out to the smoker and get those ribs I have been longing for. I can also get back to updating my blog. Who knows, I might just put my secret rib recipe on here.

You will just have to wait and see.

L8tr g8tr,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster