Friday, August 12, 2005

BBQ Ramblings...




Hopefully, by the end of this month, I will be the proud new owner of a Weber Smokey Mountain smoker (hereafter lovingly referred to as WSM). I still plan on keeping the Chargriller offset but after reading all the reviews about the WSM I just have to give it a try. I don’t think I will be disappointed.

I did some research on the WSM and like what I have found. I have been on several discussion boards on the Internet and most all of WSM owners give rave reviews. There is even a site dedicated exclusively to the WSM. Check it out. It might just make you a convert also. If it does make you buy one, let me recommend another site. This site takes the new WSM user through a 5 step program where you start out very basic (chicken with all vents open) and work your way up (pork shoulder with vent and fuel changes) in 5 simple cooks. The main goal of this site is not to teach you to cook the different types of meat but to teach you the basics of fire control for your cooker. After the 5 steps, you are able to use the fuel and vents to control the fire so you can cook anything you want. I plan on trying my hand at this one. Everything extra you can learn helps.

I am sorry it has been so long since my last post. I will try to do better in the future (yeah, right). I have been busy with things other than bbq the last week and it is just about time to get back to business. Although I have not been cooking here of late, I have been able to get caught up on my reading. Currently, I am reading two great bbq books, Dr. BBQ’s Big Time BBQ Cookbook and Peace, Love and BBQ by Mike Mills. Check out my posts on these books in the archives.

Take care and we will be smoking soon!


3 Comments:

At 12:51 PM PST, Anonymous Simon @ BBQ&Grill said...

The Weber Smokey Mountain is an awesome BBQ. A friend of mine has one and I've assisted at cooking many times. Weber are a good company and the cooking results are generally really excellent.

 
At 10:52 PM PDT, Blogger martin frankly said...

charcoalgrilltool.com is factory which professional manufacture charcoal grill ,bbq grill, barbecue tool accessories more than 10 years

 
At 10:56 PM PDT, Anonymous lemon said...

we are factory which professional manufacture barbecue charcoal grill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster