Thursday, September 01, 2005

First Smoke on WSM

Well, I finally had a chance to take the new WSM on her maiden smoke voyage. It was delivered late Monday afternoon but due to winds from Hurricane Katrina I was not able to use it Tuesday. I wanted the first smoke to be something easy but tasty. I decided to try a recipe for chicken thighs that I saw posted on the Virtual Weber Bullet board. Brad Morrell of Baby Got Rack posted the recipe.

Everything went very well and to say that I am impressed with this unit is an understatement. This thing is super. I cannot wait to fire it up again over the Labor Day holiday. Probably will so some St. Louis spareribs that are sitting in the freezer. Here are some pics from the cook.

First Smoke

Ready to go

20 minutes in

40 minutes in

77 minutes and done

Close-up pic (blurry)

Keep ‘em smoking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster