Friday, October 07, 2005

Have a great weekend

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Here in central Alabama it is raining (and has been for a while now with T/S Tammy on the Atlantic coast) but a cold front is coming through and we should see highs in the low 70's for a while. Making a fat man happy!

I am hoping to finally get to do my first pulled pork attempt on the WSM while I am off next week. A lot of you get to do your stuff on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. With my work schedule, I am off Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and every other Wednesday. So while I am at work you are getting to "Q" - but I get the same treat while you are at work. Anyway, if the weather (rain) holds out I will give it a go. Will take lots of pics and have a post next week.

I am also experimenting with Audio Blogger. My plan is to use it mostly when I go to a competition and get to talk with the "Pros". I intend to try to get some blogs from The Jack Daniels BBQ Cookoff on Oct 21-22. Fifty of the worlds greatest bbq teams will be competing at the Jack and I hope to get to talk with most of them.

My co-workers talked me into cooking today. Since it is raining I am cooking my homemade chili and several of the others are bringing the "fixins" as we call them down here in the south. I think we might even have some mexican cornbread and dessert.

Take care this weekend and "smoke 'em if you got 'em".


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster