Saturday, November 05, 2005

Cooking Class this weekend

This Saturday, I will have the chance to go to a competition bbq cooking class in Huntsville, AL. The class is being put on by Music City Pig Pals from Nashville, TN. This class will cover all the aspects of competition bbq cooking and presentation.

MCPP teaches 2 different classes throughout the year. One class is centered around Ribs and Chicken. The one I am going to features Pork and Brisket. I even paid a little extra for a brisket of my own to bring home. Hard to find good brisket around here.

Cameras are not allowed during the actual class but I plan on taking good notes, asking a bunch of dumb questions and bringing home a bunch of new techniques and ideas. All I can say is those 2 eleven pound butts in my freezer better get ready. Daddy will be smoking' when he gets home.

I also have a 12# turkey drying in the fridge to go on the WSM tomorrow. This will be my only practice bird before smoking one for work on the 18th. More on that and some pics to come.

Now stop reading and go smoke something.

1 Comments:

At 7:19 AM PST, Blogger Backyard Chef said...

DId the class go on as planned? If so, how was it. I'm curious if any real secrets were shared and what new ideas you can share. I've been thinking about taking a class-- was it worth it? One of the more famous national teachers is thinking about having one in NYC.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster